What Makes Us Unique
There are many things that set Boys & Girls Clubs apart from other youth serving organizations. The following are some of the biggest factors:
- The Club is facility‐based, providing Club sites that act as a safe place for kids
- The Club is open every day after school, over school breaks and in the summer
- The Club provides programming for only $10.00 annually per member (the lowest in Northern Nevada!)
- Club staff are trained, paid youth development professionals
- The Club is open to both boys and girls from kindergarten through high school
We know that the time that kids are not in school or at home with their families is critical.When children are left alone, they are unsupervised, undirected, and potentially unsafe. Kids can get into trouble or be victimized. In addition, there is a huge opportunity cost when these hours go to waste. It is essential time for additional learning, personal enrichment, fun, and character development. Boys and Girls Clubs are the only organizations solely focused on making these crucial hours life-changing for our members.
The Club is Outcome-Driven
The ways kids spend time at the Club are not left to chance. We actively seek to enrich the lives of our members, with focus on 3 outcome areas:
- Academic Success
- Character Development and Good Citizenship
- Healthy Lifestyles
Our Programs Have Proven Results
We are part of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, who provides us with a host of research-driven, evidence-based programs that we execute on a local level. The programs are developed by some of the world’s leading youth development experts and provided to us for very modest membership dues. This is a tremendous asset for our Club and our members.
- Summer Brain Gain
- Smart Girls
- Passport to Manhood
We have a Formula for Impact
Boys & Girls Clubs know how to effect positive change in youth. Creating the right Club environment, promoting daily attendance, and delivering targeted programs produces the outcomes described above. Further, we have an annual process for measuring how well we are doing on the key inputs to the formula and identify areas for improvement.